ZEN & Design
Introduction, Seminar, Workshop
Workshop leaded by: Markus Wilsing
Date : August 4th, 2022 - August 7th, 2022 (registration by July 1st, 2022)
- at least 3 to a maximum of 6 participants;
- this seminar can be seen as an advanced training course all design fields;
- a confirmation of participation can be issued upon request;
- suitable for all professional groups in the field of industrial design, art, graphics, fashion, architecture & interior design;
- no experience in meditation required;
- please bring your laptop with the necessary 2D & 3D programs for this workshop;
- on request, we can also accompany the participants in English, German or Italian. Please note this in your booking request.
"Design lives when the wind carries it away".
Successful and innovative design is not only achieved through cognitive and programmed project management, but also when you learn to merge this with your own being. We find great examples of this in the Japanese arts such as calligraphy (Shodō), the tea ceremony (Sadō), Ikebana or Japanese sword fighting (Kendo). Each of these arts is mastered not only by gaining discipline and knowledge, but also by recognizing and uniting the wisdom and unity of one's own and universal being. Thus, the integration of Zen wisdom and meditation can also help in every creative project development to better understand problem representations, facts and decision alternatives during the design (alone and in a team) and to implement them more innovatively.
Dive into a unique & new creative experience in which design, zen & meditation merge and begin to harmonise with each other.
Aim of the Seminar:
- successfully integrate Zen meditation into daily project management;
- explore new cognitive skills in the field of design;
- discover new forms of work culture & way of design thinking through ZEN;
- achieve a successful project design through Zen philosophy;
- develop and implement visionary ideas in constructive teamwork;
- mindfully integrate Zen paths & meditation into work and everyday life;
- experience Zen meditation as a source for creation, calm and effective guidance.
Markus Wilsing: For more than 28 years he has not only worked on an international level as an architect, designer and project manager, but also taught as a professor in these areas at various universities around the world. He integrates the "western" and "eastern" design & life philosophies in all these areas. He himself studied architecture at the University of Florence (Italy). His thoughts can be found in many scientific papers, symposia, publications and architectural projects. He has been practicing ZEN meditation for more than 45 years.
Seminar & workshop price: 940, - € per person with a minimum of 3 participants & a maximum of 6 participants. The costs for accommodation and meals can be found under the link "ZEN Rates".