Zen - Stay
CORONA INFO: Because the Zenklausen have focused on accepting only a few people since their foundation (max. 8 guests), this is now an ideal place in this time of crisis. Each guest lives in their own hermitage of 45 m2. All hermitages are lovingly equipped with a small kitchen, a dining area, a cozy bedroom & living room, a meditation area, fireplace, bathroom with toilet & shower, and a small garden. Lunch will be handed out to you at the main house within a thermos, which afterwards you will enjoy in your own hermitage. All the food supplies for breakfast and dinner are already in the hermitages. It is only asked not to cook in the hermitage yourself. - With this concept of individual premises, we now not only maintain your health security, but also your desire to retreat in peace and quiet of being alone. There is also a distance of approx. 14 m between the individual hermitages. All of them are tidy cleaned and disinfected after each visit.
Please bring your health masks with you and comply with the general regulations as long as this is announced by the federal government. keep the desired distance of 1.5-2 meters from all guests and our staff members. Wash your hands regularly and do not shake hands with others.
Guidelines for your stay in the Zenklausen
1) The arrival and departure times are regulated as follows for organizational reasons: Check in: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Check out: by 11:30 a.m.
2) Please bring sturdy shoes, comfortable clothes, slippers, towels, a hair dryer (if necessary), alarm clock and a flashlight for your stay.
3) We would also like to point out in advance that there are no telephones, television, radio or daily newspapers in the Zenklausen for private use. You have withdrawn to a place of silence and leisure.
4) Please note that the uniqueness of the Zenklausen also consists in the fact that we only accept a small number of guests in order to preserve the peace, quiet and individuality of the place, as well as the privacy of our guests.
5) Guests are responsible for the cleaning, tidiness and cleanliness of the accommodation they rent for the entire period of their stay. A note:
A man asked a Zen master, "How do you practice Zen in your daily life?" Master replied, "When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm full, I wash my bowl. When I'm tired, I sleep." The teacher replied, "Everyone does. So everyone practices Zen like you?" The Zen master said, "No, not in the same way." The teacher asked, "Why not in the same way?" The master smiled: "When others eat, they don't eat. Their thoughts are filled with an infinite number of considerations. That's why I say: not in the same way."
6) Of course there is no smoking in all living and meditation rooms.
7) The main catering in the censuses is vegetarian. We do not provide a diet kitchen. However, if we should consider something in your diet for health reasons, this is not a problem for us. Because we only accept a small number of guests, we can take your needs very well into account. For our kitchen team it is not a problem e.g. prepare & provide vegan, gluten-free and lactose-free dishes. Please mention your comments when you register.
8) For allergy sufferers we are happy to provide allergy sufferers with bed linen.
9) For illnesses during your stay, we ask you to provide yourself with an appropriate insurance in advance.
10) As already mentioned, you will find a kitchen with vegetarian food for your breakfast and dinner, as well as drinks such as various teas and coffee in the hermitage. Pick up lunch at 1:00 p.m. in the main kitchen. All meals are vegetarian and, as far as possible, provided with organically grown, homemade and / or regional products. You eat for yourself because of the peace and quiet and being alone in your hermitage. The Zenklausen do not offer a diet kitchen. In addition, there is no cooking in the Klausen for its own sake.
11) Film, video & digital recordings: even if the Zenklausen is generally open and interested in commercial and private recordings and film work, we focus on the influences and scope of the planned recordings, which protect the privacy and discretion of our house and guests can affect a lot of value. For all commercial recordings, production, and shooting, both photographic, acoustic and particularly filmic recordings must be requested from those responsible for the zen clauses. You can find more information under our general conditions.
12) In order to find the peace and quiet that you are looking for, you can also put your mobile phone in our safe care during your stop. This is a big step for some people. But can also be a wonderful step to inner peace.
13) Zengarden of the Zenklausen: The "valley of silence" has a natural, spacious garden. It was carefully designed in harmony with all beings living there and carefully cared for over many years. Please note during your visit that the Zengarden in the zenklausen is not a public par or design like that. As in any near-natural garden everything has its place and reason, so it's in the Zenklausen too. The "ephemeral" has its place as well as and the "eternal". This may seem a bit strange at the beginning for some visitors, but if we manage to allow the transient, we also learn to look at our own transience with a loving eye. If major interventions, such as tree cuts, are planned in our garden, we prepare the plants for it and are also on site ourselves. - If you want to support us in gardening, you are very welcome. However, it is necessary to carefully discuss this with the responsible persons and to follow their instructions.
14) The electricity consumption in the accommodations will be charged extra after the stay. We see this as an exercise of awareness and responsibility. We charge 0.50 € kilowatt hour (kWh). With environmentally friendly consumption this is 2-3 € per day.